Pristina, Kosovo — Two hundred and ten entrepreneurs, businessmen, and high-level managers attended the KosoWWWeb conference in Kosovo on May 4, organized by CEED Kosovo, STIKK and Telegrafi. The conference highlighted online presence to help regional entrepreneurs adjust to changes in the world of virtual marketing and sales.
The internet market is still new in Kosovo and the presence of local companies online is significantly lower than foreign companies. CEED Kosovo, STIKK and Telegrafi developed the KosoWWWeb conference to emphasize the
importance of online marketing and sales to regional entrepreneurs.
The KosoWWWeb conference was headlined by Euan Semple, Marko Montemagno, Kushtrim Xhakli and Timotej Gala, all regional experts in the field of online marketing and sales. Euan Semple worked at a senior position at the British
Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and was one of the first to introduce social media tools. Marco Montemagno is the founder and the CEO of Blogosfere, the largest internet network in Italy. He is a foremost expert in blog and website creation, and was more than qualified to advise organizations on how to reap the benefits of the web. Kushtrim Xhakli is on the management team for Changers.com, an innovative company in eco and online marketing. Timotej Gala is a manager at HTTPOOL Group, a regional leader for marketing and smart phones.
- Vjollca Cavolli, director at STIKK and Gent Lluka, CEO of Telegrafi, opened the conference speaking respectively about the penetration of the Internet in Kosovo, and the growth of Telegrafi, a successful web portal in Kosovo.
- Kushtrim Xhakli’s spoke on the way Changers.com targets different customers and evaluates product opportunities. Mr. Xhakli said it is difficult to distinguish between real and virtual life, because what is virtual is increasingly real and what is real, increasingly virtual.
- Timotej Gala focused on online marketing statistics, the latest advertising trends and users’ reactions to these trends. “With the advancement of the Internet, smartphones and social networks, marketing campaigns today should be distributed among all these platforms.” Mr. Gala said that companies should allocate 10% of their marketing budget to online advertising.
- Key-note speaker Euan Semple said online marketing and sales change constantly, with non-conventional forms of marketing on the rise. Mr. Semple pointed to social networks like Twitter as sites where companies need to spark brand interest. He also said social networks have changed the way companies must think about handling customer satisfaction. “No one can stop the social networks,” he said.
- Marco Montemagno, gave a pre-recorded presentation highlighting the 23 steps of his personal framework for creating a perfect online presence. Some of the most important steps were positioning in the market, promotion, list building of clients through social media galaxy and persistence.
The conference was heavily attended by participants from the IT and telecommunications sectors, with a dramatic spike in interest on KosoWWWeb’s website during the conference. KosoWWWeb.com had 18,123 views from 15,089
unique visitors. New marketing techniques—such as those described during the conference including online media through Telegrafi and social networks like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn — were used to advertise the conference.
Response to the conference was very positive. After the event, many participants complimented conference organizers via Twitter, commenting
on the quality of speaker selection and overall conference organization. Participating entrepreneurs requested that CEED Kosovo organize similar events as they gained new practical knowledge and met other representatives of the local entrepreneur community.